Ingrid Marie Rivera, who was thrust into the limelight two days after winning the Miss Puerto Rico Universe 2007 title by asserting that her competition gown and makeup had been pepper sprayed, is finally speaking out about her tumultuous relationship with her former national director Magali Febles. In an exclusive interview with the weekly magazine TV y Novelas that appeared on the newsstand last week, the former beauty queen revealed that she and Magali did not see eye to eye on issues revolving around her preparations for Miss Universe 2008 (held in Vietnam) and around her contract with Magali's organization, Miss Puerto Rico Inc. Among Ingrid's claims are the following:
- her arrival in Vietnam was delayed by two weeks because Magali didn't want her to arrive before she did
- Ingrid's parents had to pay her return trip to Puerto Rico because Magali had disappeared and that she never attended to Ingrid's needs in Vietnam
- Ingrid had found out only during the morning of the finals of Miss Puerto Rico Universe that Magali hadn't paid the Miss Universe franchise in full (Magali still owed US$40,000)
- Magali humiliated Ingrid on several occasions. For example, Magali enlarged a photo of Ingrid and posted it on the wall of her salon; with a marker, Magali highlighted the areas in Ingrid's body that she was not happy with. About her nose surgery, Ingrid said that she never really wanted to have one, but Magali insisted that the tip of Ingrid's nose be fixed. On the day of the surgery, Magali ordered Ingrid's parents to take her out of the clinic in a wheelchair - this while Ingrid had just been anesthesized. Magali told them that she had totally forgotten that Ingrid was supposed to appear on that same day with a sponsor. Ingrid's parents told her that she was speaking incoherently (obviously because of the anesthesia) and that Magali ordered her parents to give her a cup of coffee so she would be awake. Then Magali gave a script and a can of Red Bull to Ingrid to make the presentation. Ingrid started getting nauseous and a horrible rapid heartbeat. She finally had her nose surgery; however, Magali - defying the surgeon's order to Ingrid to rest and recuperate - told her that she had to make another appearance with a sponsor at the very same week. Imagine Ingrid's horror when she had to face the media with a swollen nose.
- Ingrid felt a lot of pressure from Magali in winning Miss Universe. Magali said that it was Ingrid's fault for not making the cut. Magali also blamed Zuleyka, and then others in her organization, without any basis whatsoever. Everyone was at fault except Magali.
- Magali told Ingrid that she had to stay away from Zuleyka because she had so many problems with her and that the Miss Universe Organization did not want another Puerto Rican. In Vietnam, Magali told Ingrid that she had gotten fat and that some adjustments had to made in her gown. Ingrid claims that everyone in Magali's staff was present during the rehearsals except her. Ingrid: "I only saw Magali once in rehearsals. I'd ask people who knew her and they would say that they didn't see her. When she called me, she would give her instructions without never having been there and would say that I was bad."
- When she didn't make the cut in Miss Universe, Ingrid said that her mind went blank because she was not expecting it.
- Ingrid feels that her preparations had been spoiled because of the large amount of time that she spent giving interviews and filing police report about the pepper spray incident.
- Magali would coax Ingrid into signing a contract without even acknowledging Ingrid's questions or suggestions. Ingrid was supposed to receive a 50% commission for any modeling work that Magali had found for her, but Magali never advised her of the exact dollar amount or gave her copies of the contract. Magali also forced Ingrid to sign the contract, because if she didn't, Magali would cancel the campaign to do a Diet Pepsi commercial in Los Angeles.
- Magali owes Ingrid and her parents approximately US$8,000 for airfare, hotel, commissions and miscellaneous expenses.
When Ingrid was asked why she is talking only now, she said that she had a gag order not to talk about anything for two years.
With all this dirt revealed about Magali, why hasn't MUO fired her? Just askin'!